Tuesday, November 13, 2007

How Akira Kurosawa got me dates...




I can certainly say that this is a headline I never expected to write...


For the record, let's call this technique...

Make her curious.


This is one of the best profile boosting techniques I know. I didn’t come up with it on purpose and was simply doing it without realizing the effect, until one of the women I had met online pointed it out to me.

Here’s what happened. I’m a big Akira Kurosawa fan. I usually mention that briefly during my profiles (especially in the “50 Words Method” coming up in a week or two). Most people probably aren’t familiar with Kurosawa, and definitely not most women. So what happened was that women would read it, not know what it meant, and become curious. A woman who is curious about you is a very good thing! If they are even slightly interested in you, they will do a quick search to find out what you are talking about, and whatever they find will reflect on your personality.

So when she looked up Kurosawa, she learned that I had classical taste in films, which gave her the idea that I was cultured. When I added it in my profile, I was simply hoping to find someone with similar taste in film. What I ended up getting was a boost in creating interest, which led to creating a deeper connection, which also led to creating a massive increase in my value through her learning that I have a sense of culture.

In your case, search your influences and loves to find something just a little out of the mainstream, enough that she won’t likely know who it is, but will be curious enough to want to find out. Don’t overplay it or talk endlessly about your love for whatever it is, you don’t want to make it look like you are trying to impress her.

My line was simply: “...and on a rainy night you can find me curled up in front of a Kurosawa masterpiece.”

Remember, she will read volumes into whatever you select to make her curious. Try and look at it from her perspective when judging how your choice will reflect on you. Had I named John McTiernan instead of Akira Kurosawa, my results might have been much less positive, at least with women.


Happy dating!


Dylan Alexander


PS