Thursday, May 8, 2008

Does Double Your Dating Work Online

"Does Double Your Dating Work Online?"
Best online dating headline I've written in a long while!

Sorry for the bait 'n switch, but this topic is about headlines, not Cocky/Funny!

I was skimming Plenty Of Fish recently, saw a Google Adword ad for Double Your Dating (an excellent book on dating for men by David DeAngelo) and had some inspiration. I popped on Craigslist, my site of choice for testing out new headlines, since readers don't get to see a thumbnail of your pic, just your headline only, and put up a quick profile.

I tried the following variations:

"Double Your Dating Scam"
"I just read Double Your Dating"
"Does Double Your Dating Work On Women"
and a bunch of others... with mild results.

"Does Double Your Dating Work Online" was the only one that pulled strong results, just because it grabs people's sense of curiosity! Of course, you've got to back it up with a fantastic opening paragraph, as your are essentially pulling a bait & switch on them (oops, like I did with you!) This is where you'd lose most readers, so your content has to be great.

Now, I should point out, Double Your Dating is a solid book for men who are getting back into the dating scene. I don't have any business ties to them, so you'll have to go find it on your own. :p

And finally... you never know what is going to make an excellent headline! Look for opportunity everywhere.

Check out my main site for further details about creating knockout headlines that suck people into reading your online dating profile.
http://www.onlinecasanova.com

Happy dating!

Dylan Alexander

No comments: